Monday, December 30, 2013

So I've updated the blog a bit...

So this being my Christmas vacation and all, I thought since I had the time, I'd update the blog a bit!  Little did I know, doing so would cost me two hours of my life!!  Nothings ever easy.

I tried to spruce things up a bit using snazzy designs like the ones I see on all the blogs I read nowadays.  But copying and pasting and coding and all that tech mumbo jumbo (that I am so well-versed in...or at least I should be!) is a real pain in the ass!  I wanted to make it look pretty and stuff and copy codes, and such! And apparently I did too much, because their was so much on the page, it looked like it had just thrown up!  Then, to my horror, I couldn't delete it!!  I tried removing everything and the throw up page still remained!  Then I deleted the code and the page said to me "Are you sure you want to delete this?" but I deleted it anyway...and so a split second i thought I lost the entire blog!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  But alas, I got it back!  And just decided to use what I had.  Blogger has so many options to choose from. Why was I not just using template, backgrounds and options that were already available to me?  So for the next hour, I played around with that and this is what I came up with!  Hope you like it!

As the New Year approaches, its a time to look back on the year that was.  When I look back on this year, the thing I'll remember most is moving....and what HELL it was!!  LOL!!!  But at least now it's over!

I know I did other things too, but I can't really remember them...which I think is sad!  So I'm taking two ideas from another blog I read and documenting 2014!  I have already started keeping a gratitude journal, in which I'm writing down 5 things each day that I'm thankful for...not the big things...just the simple and silly things!  Like a good cup of coffee, a comment someone said to me that totally made my day or just a rainy day!  (Because on rainy days it's ok if I sit on my ass, wrapped in a blanket and watch movies all day!)  I think it's a good idea and a way to reflect on my day!

Another thing I am gonna do is take a picture everyday!  The Mix and Match Mama did this this passed year and it was really interesting!  I know some days might be hard, because all I do is work, but if I can find one thing in my day worth photographing, I think it'll be awesome way to look back this time next year and see them all!  I'm gonna post the pics to instagram, so if you wanna follow me, please find me at missmitch2.

I spent a lot of the year online, like so many others, but I thought I would share with you all the links to my favorite pages!

Pinterest Told Me To is awesome!  This lady is hilarious!  She puts outfits together that I never thought would go together and she makes it work!   And she always has awesome giveaways!  Fingers Crossed I win this weeks giveaway!!  :)

The Gratitude Journal and Pics I spoke about were ideas I got from Mix and Match Mama.  She has a bunch of blogs...a foodie blog, a family blog and a travel blog!  She also writes for Every Day Cheer, where I saw her Thanksgiving blog and was inspired to start the gratitude journal.  Here's the link to the article: http://everydaycheer.com/?s=gratitude  This site also had a really good cocktail recipe that we tried on Christmas!!
Links to Shay's sites: http://mixandmatchmama.blogspot.com/  the foodie blog
http://www.shullfamily.blogspot.com/ her family blog (PS-her brother is Sean, The Bachelor...which I didn't realize when I started reading her blog and her husband is just plain hot!)

The last blog I have for you to check out is my friend Jamie's!  Where my blog is all "just for fun and laughs", Jamie's will really move you!  It's about her life as a married lady... and she shares her heartfelt family stories! It really is a must read!

Thanks again for reading...I really do appreciate it!  Here's to lots more blogging in 2014!

Happy New Year!!


1 comment:

  1. Love gratitude journal and picture a day ideas. Think I will have to try it in 2014! And totally love your blog! You make me laugh and also make me so grateful to have such a fabulous, big-hearted little sister! Not to mention, you totally have the life...I desperately aspire to enjoy a rainy day relaxing and watching movies but don't see it happening EVER! I will just continue living vicariously through you ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to post comments! They make me smile so big!