Monday, February 10, 2014

An Exciting day!

Awhile ago, the art teacher at my school approached me and told me that she had heard about the iConnect Challenge, a contest in which students were asked to create a PSA for an app.  I was totally on board with it!  Many of our 8th grade students were interested in doing it, but as time wore on, only one team of three girls really committed to the project.  The videos were submitted on January 31st and today was the celebration to view the video submissions in the IMAX theater and find out who won!  And guess what?!?!  The girls from school won second place!!  Woo Hoo...it was so exciting!!  Which brings me to the main reason I decided to write this post...

The celebration was at the Cradle of Aviation Museum, a museum, you guessed it...centered around aviation and flight!  BUT....during intermission I ran to the ladies room (which I might have got stuck in for a hot second, but that's a story for another day!) and as I was coming out, I saw large posters advertising the exciting things coming up at the museum.  None of which where school field trips, IMAX movies, and the like!  Instead, I saw information about a Craft Beer Expo (which sadly, I missed), a Chocolate Lovers Expo in March and the Wine Expo in April!  WHAT THE WHAT!?!?!  WHY HAVE I NEVER BEEN TO THIS PLACE BEFORE!!!  How much fun would all these events be??  Who coming with me???  I am the first one to say that I think this is the most over-populated place in the entire world, but it really is an amazing Island with tons of fun stuff to do...I just have to get out there and do them!

Have a great week!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to post comments! They make me smile so big!