Tuesday, February 18, 2014

February Favorite Things Party



Joining Erika and Andrea , two of my favorite bloggers (and the geniuses behind the Instagram #eapicaday challenge), for the Favorite Things Party Link-up!  
Sharing my fave things under $10!?!  I can TOTALLY do that!




One of my favorite things right now is the book Wonder by R.J. Palacio.  Actually, it has been a favorite thing of mine since I first read it back in November. Since I'm reading it again (for the third time!) while I'm home this week on Winter Break, I thought I'd include it!  I first heard about this at a PD conference day when I attended the "BEST BOOKS" session.  And let me tell you...this is definitely one of the BEST books! It's considered a children's book, but, in my opinion, EVERYONE should read this! It's the story of a young boy named Auggie who was born with a facial deformity.  The book's about how he tries to navigate his life in a new school, with new kids, and a not so ordinary face.  Read more about the book and pick up a copy HERE!  It's even cheaper for the Kindle, but this is one you'll want to have a physical copy of!  I first took the book out of the library but loved it so much, I wanted one for my collection!   
#chooseKIND
 When you read it, or if you already have, I'd love to know what you think!


If you read my 5 on Friday post this past Friday, then you know, right now I'm loving singer/songwriter Marie Milller.  Her EP is on  iTunes for $4.95.  You may have heard her songs You're Not Alone and 6'2 but the other 3 songs are great too!!  Really catchy and fun!

Here's a taste! (Sorry for all the chit-chat in the beginning!  If you want to skip to the music...it's at 1:10)






I'm throwing in a third thing for good measure...because I have been typing away at this post and just loving my nails!  HA!  My sister just gave me the essie "over the edge" polish for my birthday this weekend.  It's a good color for right now!  I plan to wear it until I can bust out the Spring colors!  Come back to the blog on Friday for more about them!

Sorry this picture isn't clearer!!



Before I go...
If you want to join in the fun that is Erika and Andrea's #eapicaday Istagram challenge for the last few days of the month, here it is!
Take a picture that illustrates that the day's theme, hashtag it with #eapicaday and post.  It's really fun to see all the pics!  To see mine, follow me on IG- missmitch2

Read Erika's original post about the challenge here!
Fingers crossed they'll continue this in March!


Hope your week's fabulous!
Katie

6 comments:

  1. LOVE me some Essie - but I've never tried that color! Thanks so much for reading along, linking up and participating in the IG challenge! Thanks, girly!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog, Andrea!! The link-up is so fun...can't wait til next month!! And Happy Birthday!! :)

      Delete
  2. I'm going to have to check out the book and I also LOVE Essie!!! I'll have to give that color a try. Can't wait to see your favorite spring colors!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping by the blog Erika!! Let me know what you think of the book!

      Delete
  3. I LOVE good book suggestions! I will be picking this one up ASAP. I as well am a fan of Essie, great color! Found you through the link up! Love your blog background too ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank so much for stopping by!! Let me know what you think of the book!! I stopped by your blog as well...great minds think alike!!! :)

      Delete

Thanks so much for taking the time to post comments! They make me smile so big!