Friday, May 30, 2014

Well that was a quick week...

Already time for another Friday 5!

ONE:
Gourmet Mac and Cheese
If you caught any of my posts this week, you know that on Monday I blogged my favorite things...Red, White, and Blue style.  One was fruit dip my sister made for a BBQ my family had this weekend.  My other sister (the host) commented that she spent 6 hours in her kitchen cooking for the party and I chose the fruit dip to feature! HA!  I explained to her that the fruit dip was WHITE!!  So now I'm gonna tell you about something awesome SHE DID MAKE...Mac and Cheese I have been thinking about all week!   My sister just LOVES Ina Garden.  Two of the four dishes she served were Ina's recipes and all were super yummy.  But the "adult" mac and cheese was to die for (I may have gone back for thirds)!  I was so mad when I left the Tupperware of leftovers my sister was going to send me home with, in her fridge.  (Because when you live this solitary life I do, my family worries that I don't eat and gives me leftovers!!)  
Get the recipe {here}

TWO:
Summer Style Me Challenge 
I had so much fun during the Spring Style Me Challenge with Alison at Get Your Pretty On I've joined the Summer one as well!  Registration is open now and the shopping list will be released on Friday, June 6th.  Won't you consider joining us?  It is SO much fun.  You'll be set with key pieces for summer. This time around there's also more work wear options which I'm excited about because the school year's not quite over yet! Find out more about the challenge and sign up {here}.  Don't forget to say that Katie Mitchell sent you!  ;)


THREE:
Palazzo Pants
And speaking of style...I've took the plunge!  I bought a pair of palazzo pants for the summer!  After seeing my Challenge friend, Deena's blog on Wednesday and all the super cute pairs she had, I got some too!   {These} are from Hippie Chick Boutique.  Black and White, so a safe pair for now, but if I love them, I can see a paisley pair in my future!!  


FOUR:
Maya Angelou
Author Maya Angelou passed away on Wednesday.  She is that voice.  I remember having to read "Wouldn't Take Nothing for My Journey Now" in high school.  I went to an all-girl high school and it was a pretty perfect book choice for us.  I still have my report and assignments on it somewhere.  (Although I don't remember doing that great on the test!).  I tried reading "I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings" but don't remember getting through it...I think I'll add it to my summer reading list!  She left us with so many phenomenal quotes...this is one of my favorites:


FIVE:
Kicking off a Summer of Concerts
Tonight's my first concert of the summer and I am so excited!!  I'm going to see Rascal Flatts at the beach with my besties.  Fingers crossed for good weather!!


BONUS:
Linking up for Pinspired today too!  Go check out how I put my own spin on an outfit I pinned {here}
Would love to here what you think!  
Thanks!!

Have a great weekend everyone!
Katie



Linking up with Darci and the girls for 5 on Friday
Lauren Elizabeth for High Five for Friday
 photo H54Fbutton_zps973d26e1.png

2 comments:

  1. Yay! High fives for palazzos. Can't wait to see them...and now I'm going to wander over to the Hippie Chick Boutique...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to follow you guys and just buy a pair! Not sure if it will just make me look shorter than I already am...hmm...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to post comments! They make me smile so big!