Wednesday, May 28, 2014

WIW...Memorial Day Weekend Edition

Not Much! HA!  A Memorial Day dress down at work Friday, and a  BBQ this weekend at my sister's was the extent of my celebrating!! Luckily it was gorgeous out so I was able to lay out in the sun and broke out my new swimsuits!  I'll spare you pics of me in them (you're welcome!!) but I have links!  Oh and on Monday, I shared my fave Red, White and Blue things under $10...check it out {here}!

I LOVE ME A DRESS DOWN FRIDAY!!  And Friday's theme was Red, White, and Blue so I wore this:
Loft Top- Similar
Infinity Scarf- Similar

My BBQ Attire:
Jane Maxi- Keep an eye out for this!  LOVE!!
Tank- Similar

Two new swimsuits for the summer:

My two-pieces I tend to get at Victoria's Secret.  I like their prices (for the most part) because they are always running some sort of promo! and I like that you can mix and match the pieces.
I also got a bandeau top that matches this bottom, so that's another suit!  Or I can wear either one of the tops with a black bottom....or that bottom with a black top. So many possibilities!
Mix and match your favorite pieces {here}

I never buy anything on Living Social but I saw a coupon for $40 for $80 worth at Swim Spot that when I clicked on it ended up being $35 so I took the plunge! ;)  I thought this was a super cute suit!  And who couldn't use a good one piece! 



A dash of inspiration! 
I've been inspired by one of my besties!  She lost her grandfather last week.  This is someone who took charge and took care of her grandfather in so many ways!  I know it was unbelievably difficult for her but she handled it with the grace and poise of someone way beyond her years.  And boy did she look stylish doing it!!  I hope she finds peace knowing that Pop is in a way better place than the rest of us and is now a forever angel to her two little girls!  And 90 years...what a LIFE HE LIVED!!



Can't wait to see what everyone else wore this week!  And don't forget to check out what my Style Me Pretty Friends are wearing and how they've been inspired! 

Katie

Linking up for I feel pretty with Alison at Get Your Pretty OnLindsey at The Pleated Poppy for What I Wore WednesdayBecause Shanna said So & Sarah @ Tucker Up.










5 comments:

  1. Love your dress down Friday outfit! Your bathing suits are so cute. Love the blue and yellow bandeau! Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, I need that one piece in my life. Love love love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to get that one piece! It is super cute! I'm going to check out that Swim Spot site. Love both of your outfits, especially the maxi skirt!

    Jill
    dousedinpink.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. That second last swimsuit! I would love for it to fit my body, but I'm so afraid of strapless bathing suits and my "giant" boobs (as Lucia calls them )

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to post comments! They make me smile so big!