Monday, February 2, 2015

A Monochromatic Monday!

Happy Monday!! Had a pretty uneventful weekend in the the grand scheme of things! Saturday, was Open House at my school, so with that being smack dab in the middle of the day, I feel like you get home and the day is done!  I had no plans for the night, so I stayed in, made myself a nice dinner (something I NEVER do) and pretty much vegged for the night.

Sunday morning my mom and dad came by for a short visit.  They are off to their home in Florida on Tuesday!  Mom, just for a week. Dad til April, which I feel is a pretty long time!  So they were making their rounds to say farewell to all us kids!  My place was the first stop...and the quickest, I'm sure! No grandkids to see here!  LOL

They did indulge me and let me take a daily photo with them...which actually turned out to be hysterical.
Mom wondered where I posted all these daily photos.  I told her she DID NOT need an Instagram account!  HA!

One of the things I said I was going to do on the blog this year was share my daily photos from Insta. But  here we are now in February and I haven't done it!  I did go back in my posts though this month and realized that MOST of my daily photos are whittled throughout the blog, so if I don't have dedicated blog posts for them, I'm ok with it.

In Friday's 5 I mentioned that I probably wouldn't be watching the Super Bowl. As it turns out, not only did I watch the Super Bowl, I watched the hours of coverage before it! And why was a crying at every other commercial!?!! #sadvertising!  Never remember the commercials ever being like that!!  It was a crazy game!!! CRAZY GAME!!  Wish the Seahawks had won it in the end!!
But now it seems that it's not about who won.  It's about that awful call at the end and still "Deflate Gate". How many times did Bob Costas ask Brady if he had any idea about those footballs??  If you had nothing to do with it...just say that!!  Don't dance around it!  He who protest too much....
After the investigation, they'll find out that he did indeed have something to do with it, and those big balls he's touting now are certain to be deflated!!

And now as quick as a wink...Monday is here!!  But it's a great Monday!!  It's time for Pin-spired!!


I pinned this look after I bought (and decided to keep) my over-the-knee boots.  I've never done gray-on-gray, but I really liked this one and knew I had all the pieces in my closet to recreate it...pretty much to a T!

This is my interpretation! 
Whata'ya think?!? 

I'm actually using this as my Day 2 look for #Create28 too, a little challenge I'm participating in with Carrie from A Lovely Little Wardrobe for the month of February.  Day two was a monochromatic look.  I blogged about it yesterday and showed my Day One outfit here!

Unfortunately, after announcing a 2-hour delay last night,  I am home today for another Snow Day! (It's more of a Rain Day if you ask me) They cancelled for fear that everything will turn to ice later on!  So I am enjoying the day in...more blogging and reading on tap!  My goal is to finish Still Alice!!

Comment below and tell me what you have in store for this Monday!  What did you think of the Super Bowl?


Have a great day!!

Linking up today too with:
Ashley at A Cute Angle for Monday Madness and Biana at B Loved Boston for Weekending!

2 comments:

  1. I actually had the same conversation with my dad about instagram and finally convinced him he didn't need it lol!! You did a great job with your outfit recreation! I won't get into deflate gate lol - but I have to say I'm happy with the outcome of the game! :) Hope you have a great start to your week! xo, Biana - BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  2. The monochromatic look is so much fun (which seems weird, because it should be boring...but it's not at all!)!!!! Thanks for linking up! xoxo, Sheaffer :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to post comments! They make me smile so big!