Thursday, November 5, 2015

Thankful Thursday

I thought for the month of November, I'd take Thursdays to reflect on the things I'm thankful for.  It's all to often, I take for granted so many things.

{via}

This first Thankful Thursday post is brought to you by my boss!  HA...not really but he got me thinking about this one!

It was a typical morning for me.  I was tired, cranky...it's a joke that I am not my happy self until 10 a.m.  We were talking about something and I said I would pretty much be ok with not having to get up everyday.  And he asked me if I've ever not had a place to get up and go to everyday.  He said it gets old quick!  I never had actually.  I've been lucky enough to be working since I was right out of college.  I was once excessed from a school, but was lucky enough to get picked up at another school for the next September!

So today, I'm thankful I have a job to go to everyday!  I might complain about it sometimes, it might not pay well but it provides me everything I need.  I want for nothing.  I've made great friends there and I get to spend my days doing what I love.  I never wanted to be anything but a teacher, and although the teaching profession has changed dramatically in the 14 years, I've been teaching, I'm grateful to be able to do it.  So many people these days are struggling to make ends meet and taking jobs to just get by.  And one day, I might be in their shoes.  So tomorrow, when I think about complaining or grumbling about something ridiculous, I'm going to think twice, and thank God for the opportunity to work!

But I'll still be smiling big, when the bell rings Friday and the weekend begins! :)

Hope you're doing what you love these days!

Have a great weekend,
Katie


7 comments:

  1. I love being on a break. The law was KILLING me. It's nice to just be a wife for awhile. Maybe one day I will put my law hat back on again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure you were a great lawyer and I know you are a great wife!!! Hope your husband is feeling better and on the mend!!

      Delete
  2. sometimes it feels good to complain, but in the same breathe a little perspective can change everything. So can wine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great thing to be thankful for! I'm a teacher too (well, almost done with my student teaching!) and I absolutely love it. I hear ya that there are some really tough days, but when you have breakthroughs with certain students or just have those amazing days, those are the moments that make the tough days worth it. And giiiirl, no one is happier to see the bell ring on Friday more than me-I totally feel ya!! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea for November. I've always hoped that my boys would find something that they love to do - everything else falls into place when you enjoy your job. Hope you had a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A good thing to be thankful for...even when we despise our jobs lol!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to post comments! They make me smile so big!