Thursday, December 31, 2015

Looking Back...

Eeeekk...how is it New Year's Eve already!!  I haven't even recapped Christmas...I am really loving this vacation thing!!

I thought I'd take a bit today to look back and reflect on the year that was on the blog.  2015 was a big year.  I blogged more this year than ever before. There were link-ups, challenges, and posts, oh my!! And one blog became two as I entered into an exciting new collective, The Blended Blog, with my best blogger friends.  Today we are linking up to share our year in review posts.  These are my personal favorite posts from The Mishaps and Mayhem of  a Solitary Life. These are the ones I loved writing the most and sharing with all of you (in no particular order!!)

Often times, my posts focus on my family and friends...and I thank you for letting me share them with you!  This year was a big year for my family.  In January, my mom turned 65.  We celebrated her with a surprise bash. And in August, we celebrated Happy Heart Day with my dad.  It was 10 years since his heart surgery!  We do a lot of celebrating in this family!!


Also in August, I linked up with one of my faves, Leslie, to celebrate Friendship Day in An Ode to Besties! I loved that my readers were able to get to know my bestie, Mel better!!

Some of my favorite posts focused on my life as a teacher!    My I am a teacher post, was over a year in the making, and ended up being one of my absolute faves!!  And my Paradise post back in March really got me thinking!

One of the most fun weekends of the year was the one I spent in Florida for Mother's Day!  I recapped it all {here}!


I was really excited when I was nominated for the Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award, by Shelly at The Queen in Between,  this past August.  I enjoyed answering the questions and nominating fellow bloggers, creating my own set of questions for them.  LOVED reading all their answers!  Check out the post I put together {here}!


Before we became the ladies of The Blended Blog, we continued our collaboration as The Style Me Bloggers for the first half of the year, linking up a number of times.  One of my favorite link-ups was when I shared This Place I Call Home.
My favorite and most well-received posts of 2014 was my Solitary Life post! I posted another one in 2015.  Read it here!  They are so much fun to put together!!


This November I dubbed every Thursday, Thankful Thursday!  These posts were some of my favorites of the year!!  Find them all here!

2015 was a fantastic year on the blog!  I am excited to see what 2016 has in store!!  I also wanted to thank you all for coming on this journey with me!  Thanks for your support and encouragement.  It means more to me than you will ever know!!

Wishing you all the best in 2016....love, laughter and all that good stuff!!  Cheers!!

Katie


Don't forget to go check out The Blended Bloggers 2015 Review posts!!
 Shoes to Shiraz | Two Teens and Their Mama | Making the Most of Everyday | Foxy's Domestic Side

12 comments:

  1. Happy new year sweet blog friend!!! I remember all the posts you listed! xo Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved your "this place I call home" post too :) happy new year

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, sweet Katie, thank you for the mention in your post. I am thankful to have been a part of your life and your year. Here's to building our friendship in 2016 and taking our blogs to bigger and better places. Happy new year, love! XO

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad to have gotten to know you through this blog world! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's been so great to connect with you in blogland! Here's hoping we get to do it in real life in 2016!

    ~Sheila @ Making the Most of Every Day

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love reading all of your posts, like you I took a big of a blogging break, but had to link up with my ladies for this one. Here's to even better things next year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy New Years Katie!!! I can't wait to see what's in store for you in 2016!

    Confessions of a Frumpy Mommy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy New Year, my friend!! Vaca was awesome, wasn;t it??!! XOXXO

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to post comments! They make me smile so big!