Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Good Riddance January!


Good Morning Friends!

Any one else as excited to see January go as I am.  Carrie's fabulous post from this morning, is what inspired me to write today!  She talked all about how January is about refocusing.  And I couldn't agree more.

But then I realized that I myself, had gotten off track this month.

At the start of the month, I choose to focus on One Little Word to get me through each day of the year: SAVOR.


But I'll be honest, like I commented to Carrie, the only thing I think I savored was my time alone and early bedtimes. OK...and maybe I savored my Ghirardelli chocolate squares and wine a few nights!

The first of the year things are fresh and new and filled with hope!  You face it believing that this year is going to be the BEST EVER!  Or maybe that's the New Year's Prosecco talking?!?

Then the holidays are over, you go back to work, the hustle and bustle of the passed couple of hectic months die down and the cold reality that is January settles in.  And I was back to my old habits! The days are short and by 4:30 it's dark...that doesn't make me want to do anything but head to bed.  I think this is the downside to solitary life.  I think I just go to bed because their really isn't anything else to do!

Even when I did go out and do things, this might have been me.....


I saw this on Saturday and thought it was just the funniest...but oh so true!!

So now with renewed vigor, I'm reaffirming my commitment to my one little word. Bidding January goodbye and welcoming February...the month of love and my birthday month, with excitement.  It's 28 days are going to be filled with good, kindness, love and fun!  And I'm going to savor every second of it!

6 comments:

  1. Savor every second girl! And so much to look forward to; your birthday, st patty's, TORONTO, summer break!! You've got this, goodbye yucky month, hello YEAR!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like your birthday month is going to get kicked off with a fresh new perspective and you have much ahead of you to savor! Enjoy every bit of it, Katie! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you savor every moment of love during the month of February!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this! Savor every moment. Love your word for the year, such a good one that I haven't heard before.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this idea of recommitting each month!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to post comments! They make me smile so big!