Monday, January 9, 2017

Monday Musings!

I've decided to start something new on the blog today!  I'm pretty excited...it's kinda random and will probably always post later but I'm into it.  Monday Musings is going to be a plethora of random thoughts and feelings I may have throughout the day...the dreaded Monday!  For so many Mondays are rough...for me too!  I think this might help to make them better, or at least make me laugh!  Hope you do too!!


I woke up this morning thinking, 4 day weeks feel as long as 5 day weeks!  I wouldn't mind having every Monday off!

And let's be honest...I should have been hopping outta bed!  Thanks to almost a foot of snow on Saturday, I had a pretty nice, relaxing day and weekend as a whole!  But I didn't do as much as I should have!!  Laundry went undone, beds went unmade, and the storage room might still have a sign on it that says....

But isn't that what snow days are for anyway....binge watching shows and chilling out when it so chilly outside.  I was really upset with myself though, that I didn't read more!!  And by more, I mean at all!  Starting tonight, I am reading a chapter before I go to bed, each night!  I'm not a Monday night TV watcher!!  I received two books for Christmas...I'm going to eeeeny meeeny miney moe them!


Today's Monday was especially rough thanks to the Golden Globes!  I stayed up late watching.  My sister text me that she thought they were a little bit of a mess, and I have to agree! But that's why I watch.  I enjoyed Jimmy Fallon, but would have love to see him MORE!  Did you watch? Let me know what you thought in the comments below.
via
These two were one of my favorite couples of the night.  I just love that Justin and Jimmy are BFF! They make me laugh!


I've tried since the new year began to only have one cup of coffee a day, I've been pretty good at it (9 days in ha!) until today!  It's so cold I just felt I needed a cup to warm up!  My schedule didn't allow me to make one during the day so I held off! And am having a glass of wine wrapped up in a blanket as I type this to keep warm!  HA!! Wine of the lesser of the two evils...coffee at 4:30 might have very well kept me up tonight!  :)

Every Monday Morning I wake up and think to myself...."You will not have a drink tonight!, and even I know that's a lie!!
Because Monday happens, people happens and inevitably, something goes wrong.  It's Monday after all!


I'm also smelling the yummy crockpot...I made minestrone in the crockpot during the snow storm Saturday and had planned to have another meal yeasterday but that never worked out, so I thought I'd make one tonight to eat tomorrow and for the rest of the week!  Cooking it on high for for three and a half hours has it finishing 9.  So I'm looking forward to trying it....even if it's 9 o'clock!

Since it's coming on 9 o'clock, I'm going to end this first edition of Monday Musings, and wish you all a great week!  With Monday down, we are that much closer to the weekend!  Woo Hoo!  Thanks for reading all my random tonight!

Let me know how you like Monday Musings below!!!

Sweet Dreams Sweet Readers, and thanks for stopping by!

And don't forget to stop by TBB today!  We are launching a new series today, Nuggets for the New Year!  The girls are sharing their great ideas for planing and organizing in the New Year!!  Check it out here!!

5 comments:

  1. I'm the same every day..no wine tonight but NO, I am not strong enough.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you enjoyed some r&r! The laundry will still be there ready to be tossed in later. Everyone deserves a true "do nothing" snow day now and then! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Monday musings made me smile even if it is Tuesday! Karen

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have often thought I wanted to do a post on just my random thoughts, this give me the inspiration! Crockpot minestrone, yes ma'am! I was very disappointed in the Golden Globes. I had high hopes for this but too was disappointed. Not enough Jimmy Fallon and not enough fun! I hope you have an amazing day beautiful girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I kind of Monday Muse all over my blog. This was such a conversational post, like you were sitting here on the couch next to me and sharing. Hope you will continue writing these. I think we get to see a very authentic Katie in this random kind of writing. XO

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to post comments! They make me smile so big!