Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Planning in the New Year!

You'd think for a post on  planning, I'd be on time!  But me being me....

Yesterday the The Blended Blog started a new link up, called Nuggets for the New Year. A fun series that will run on Mondays this year, with great ideas posted by our contributors about various topics. Check out all the deets here!  Yesterday a few of the ladies shared their ideas for planning and organizing life!  And since I'm a planner now, I wanted to join in on the fun!  A day late and all!!


I'll be honest, I wasn't really a big planner until a few years a ago!  As a teacher, yes, I plan my lessons, but my life notsomuch!  


Then last year I discovered the Erin Condren Life Planner and that helped kick my planning into high gear!
My 2017 Planner!


I like the Erin Condren planner because it offers both the horizontal and vertical options. The vertical works best for me, this way I am able to separate out and keep track of my own activities (the home), my school activities (work) and the blog!



 Not only do I plan, but I sticker as well!   And I stickered so much in 2016, I have a ton leftover to use for this year, so I'm saving money.  I've talked about it before on the blog and if you've seen my instagram, you know just how far my obsession goes!  HA!  Follow Me @solitarylife


I would have to say for me, planning is not a chore, it's more FUN! I love adding events to it, making lists in it and crossing things off!  And as the year goes on, looking back at all the the things I've done.

I got my sister into it too!  We schedule planning nights where we eat sushi, drink wine, and plan!

The ladies of the Blog had awesome ideas and tips! I don't think I can really share any planning tips persay, except maybe, just make your planner work for you!!  Not everyone does good with a paper planner. nowadays many people use an app or calendar on their phones! Or some might even need a separate planner for each aspect of their life!  But this works for me and filling it in has become part of my routine for the week which I enjoy.

And I'll be honest, this year when I finished my planner I really did have a good time looking back at it...my many activities, my cancelled plans, blog posts and scribbled notes.  When I put it on my shelf for safe keeping I thought, 2016 wasn't a bad year at all!!

Here's to all that 2017 has in store!


5 comments:

  1. So glad you shared OUR planners. I just broke out my 2017 and started blinging it up this week. Such fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for planners. I love that you and your sister get together to do the stickers and planning, I always thought that would be so fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is my first year using a vertical layout and I was super hesitant at first but so far I am loving it! Like you said, it keeps everything separate and I can use stickers to block off certain times. I opted for the Happy Planner since ECs are way out of my price range once I factor in the exchange rate/shipping. Planning nights sound like a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so suck at a traditional planner but I LOVE writing stuff down!! I did love the format of the Erin Condren when I used it. Happy 2017! Fun new linkup...marking my calendar!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love my Erin Condren planner. I haven't gotten into the stickers, but I love to scrapbook so I should get some and get started! The first thing that went into my planner this year was TORONTO!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to post comments! They make me smile so big!