Friday, May 5, 2017

Five Friday Favorites for Cinco de Mayo!

Feliz Cinco de Mayo!!

{ONE}  It's Cinco de Mayo, the fifth of May! You all know I love to celebrate EVERYTHING!! And today is one of my favorite days because I love all things Mexican!!  I love me some quesadillas, salsa, tacos, burritos...and of course the margaritas! Excited to be heading out tonight with my friend for our annual Cinco de Mayo fun!  Today's the perfect day to be sharing my five favorite things from the week that was!



{TWO}  Week Night Shenanigans with this one are always a great time. It's not often we get together just the two of us, and it's always for a short while, but it's never without a ton of laughs and fun (and sunglass selfies!)


{THREE}  When we returned from break last week we discovered that our old decrepit water fountains in the school had been replaced with awesome new filtered ones.  They're water fountains and they also have a water bottle fill up, so they calculate the number of plastic water bottles you save!  So far as a school we've save almost 2000 water bottles!  For only nine days, I'd say we're doing great! I've saved 20 so far alone!  HA! The water fountains are a definite new favorite.

{FOUR}  One of my favorite things in town this week was the Grand Opening of a new boutique.  My town is filled with a ton of restaurants and bars, so when something other then them come to town, it's a big deal.  I thought the shop was super cute and had great clothes, jewelry and accessories!  I like shopping small and supporting local.



{FIVE}  May is here!  After putting my April Numbers post together, I realized I needed to make some changes this month.  I'm drinking more water, cut back to one cup of coffee a day, am not drinking anymore during the week (a random Monday with friends is an exception!), and will walk to work when I can.  I gained a bit over the last couple of months thanks to all the beer, wine and Thin Mints I've consumed, and I need to get that off quick.  In one week I need to look okay in a bathing suit...EEEEEKKKKKK!


Thanks for stopping by the blog today!!  If you missed anything, you can find this week's posts here and here!

Have a great weekend!  Hope you have the chance to enjoy a little bit of Cinco de Mayo!



Linking up with Erika and the girls today for Friday Favorites and Tiff and the girls for High five for Friday!






5 comments:

  1. Happy Friday, Katie! I love that you enjoy celebrating everything -- I sure do too! An excuse for some deliciousness and fun with friends and you've got a perfect day in my book! I love that cheery pic with those big, bright smiles!! Looks like you've been enjoying some fun for sure! Wishing you a wonderful upcoming weekend as well! xo - Brenda // ChattingOverChocolate.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally want one of those water fountains! So cool! Can I actually have one in my apartment??

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the water fill stations at places now. They are all over the university I work at and I love seeing the impact. Jess at Just Jess

    ReplyDelete
  4. Drinking homemade margaritas tonight with PC and catching up on my blog reading. We had a Teacher Appreciation luncheon of catered Mexican food but I was on a second grade field trip so missed out. But they saved some for me!!! Brought it home and called it dinner. Washed it down with the margaritas. Mmmm. It should be Cinco de Mayo once a month at least.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to post comments! They make me smile so big!