Friday, May 12, 2017

Hooray for Friday!!

We made it to Friday!!!  Finally!!  I'm really excited for this day to be here, but looking back on the week it was rather stressful. I'm off to visit my mom for Mother's Day, so I'm taking off work.  Leaving plans for the sub is just too much...and a lot of work!

They say that teaching is the only profession where it takes more effort to be out than it does to be there (or something like that!)...but this is so true! Times five for me!  LOL  But more on that later!  On to the things I really loved this week...


{1} 
A Funny
A co-worker friend shared this article from Real Simple magazine with me!  And I thought it was just hilarious!  Being petite, I was never really a pencil skirt girl myself but I always envy Rachel from Suits when I see them on her...in every single episode!


{2}
A Fun Tee
I'm more of a t-shirt and jeans girl myself!  I received this custom made Long Island shirt this week. And I'm fairly certain that it was hand-delivered to my house.  It was under my mat in an unmarked package.  I am not sure if I should be flattered at the customer service or a little weirded out!  HA!!  I can't wait to wear this next week when I take a trip to Canada to meet my TBB Buddies!



{3}
A Little Pick Me Up
These sweet letters from two students after what I thought was a totally teacher fail made my day!


{4}
An Upgrade
Finally upgrading to a new cell phone after 3 "completely dead for hours even plugged in" situations, I realized that I couldn't be traveling, turning my phone of during flights and fear that it would never turn on again!  I didn't go for the 7 tho, only the 6s, but I sure am loving it.

{5}
Favorite New Jam of the Week
#themesong




Hope everyone has a fabulous weekend!  Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers out there!  Thanks for reading the blog!  I am going to take a bit of a blog break!  Like I mentioned above I'm off to visit my mom this weekend into next week, will be home for about 18 hours before heading North to meet my Blended Blog Buddies for the first time in Toronto.  EEEEEEKKKKK...I am both excited and a bit scared!  So I may be taking a blog break but when I return, get ready for blog overload!!  If you want to follow our adventures follow me on Insta @solitarylife101 and The Blended Blog @tbblog!


Until next time...




Linking up with Erika and the girls today for Friday Favorites and Tiff and the girls for High five for Friday!


3 comments:

  1. Happy Friday! Hooray for sweet notes from students, time with your mom, a new phone, and Canada NEXT WEEK!!! I'm sure you ladies will have the BEST time! Can't wait to hear about it when you return! xo - Brenda // ChattingOverChocolate.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. One week from now we will all be together! That is SO SO crazy! Can't wait to see you and your new t-shirt :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE Rachel's style. I wish I had her legs.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to post comments! They make me smile so big!